Ski Trip Packing List
Skiing is one of the best winter activities that you can do. The beautiful snow, trees, and hot toddies, along with that thrill of adrenaline that you get when skiing down the slows with the sun shining down on you, cannot be beat.
In order to get the most out of your next ski trip, you will want to be as prepared as possible, so we have come up with the following ski trip packing list which will help to ensure that you take along all of the important ski essentials that you will need.
Snowboard and Ski Equipment
Sometimes it might not be practical to take your ski equipment with you. So if you are going to be traveling, be sure to shop around online to find the best rental deal on snowboard or ski equipment. If you will be taking your own, here are the essentials that you will need for your ski trip packing list:
- Skis: Depending on your preferences and needs choose from cross country, downhill, twin tip, powder, or all Mountain skis.
- Ski Poles: These will probably come with your skis.
- Bindings and Snowboard: Ride whatever you like the best. From rocker to flat camber or traditional camber to alpine or freestyle. Or if you aren’t sure, opt for all mountain.
- Snowboard or Ski Boots – Make sure to have comfortable ones.
- Board or Ski Bag: Although you might ski you might want to take a snowboard bag when you are traveling since you can fill all of your ski gear inside including your boots, skis, poles and ski clothing. By contrast, a ski bag is skinny and doesn’t have any padding or room for any extras.
- Helmet: This is a critical piece of equipment since it protects your skull.
- Waterproof Ski Jacket: If you are flying wear this on the plane to save space inside of your bag.
- Board Pants/Ski Pants
- Thermal Pants and Top
- T-Shirt or Mid Layer Shirt
- Fleece Jacket
- Neck Warmer
- Beanie: These work well to cover your helmet hair when you are taking a ski break.
- Ski Socks: Take several pairs
- Snowboard or Ski Gloves: Be sure they are warm and waterproof. You don’t want to have wet, cold hands while out on the slopes.
- Inner Gloves or Glove Liners: Having an extra layer underneath your gloves will allow you to take your gloves off to adjust your boots and other things.
- Ski Goggles
- Earmuffs or Headband
- Hand Warmers
- Sun Cream: You need to protect whatever parts of your face are exposed to the wind and sun.
- Lip Balm: While skiing your lips will get exposed to the wind and sun. So take lip balm with you to keep your lips hydrated.
Clothes For Off The Slopes
- Jeans or Warm Pants
- Warm Tops or Sweaters
- Outdoor Coat or Jacket
- Waterproof or Snow Boots: Make sure that they have a good grip.
- Regular gloves
- Socks and Underwear
- Pajamas and Slippers
So there you have it. Be sure to use this ski trip packing list to help you plan your next vacation.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our PowMau team!